Intact Insurance Claims Department
Intact Insurance is committed to providing customers with exceptional service. It is important to us that our customers let us know how we are doing. If you are not satisfied with the service you have received, we encourage you to give us your feedback through the following Complaint Handling Protocol. We want to ensure that your concerns are handled fairly and efficiently.
STEP 1 – Resolve the Problem at the Source
When you have a concern, we recommend that you start at the source. Speak to the representative of the department involved, for example: your broker, adjuster, underwriter, sales representative, etc. If you are not satisfied, ask to speak to a manager or a supervisor. It is usually quicker and easier to check the facts and find a solution at the point where the problem occurred.
Gather the Facts
To speed up the process, we recommend that you have all relevant information handy prior to contacting Intact Insurance. The information needed includes:
- details of your complaint including your policy and/or claim numbers;
- any supporting documents and important dates; and
- the names of any employees you have dealt with.
STEP 2 – Contact the Customer Experience Team
If your complaint is not resolved after completing Step 1, you can escalate the matter to our Customer Experience Team.
What you can expect
- A Customer Experience Agent will speak with you to obtain relevant information and assign your file to a Customer Relations Representative for review.
- A Customer Relations Representative will contact you about your concerns.
- The Customer Relations Representative can give you an estimated time frame required to review your file.
- The Customer Relations Representative will conduct a thorough review of your file and the concerns you have raised and then provide you with a clear response explaining Intact Insurance’s position on the matter. Any further action that can be taken with respect to your concern will be discussed with you and/or forwarded to you in writing.
- If you remain dissatisfied with the response, the Customer Relations Representative can provide you with information on how you can escalate your complaint to the Ombudsman’s Office.
You may reach the Customer Experience Team in the following ways:
Intact Insurance Company
105 Gordon Baker Road, 6th Floor
North York, Ontario
STEP 3 – Escalation to the Ombudsman’s Office
If you remain dissatisfied after speaking to the Customer Experience Team, you may escalate your concerns to the Ombudsman’s Office for an independent review. Please note that the Ombudsman’s Office will not review a complaint that has not gone through Steps 1 and 2 above first.
Share this article
How do I check the validity of the Canadian Social Insurance Number in C#?
I've been given the assignment to write an algorithm in C# that checks the validity of a Canadian Social Insurance Number (SIN). Here are the steps to validate a SIN.