Aviva Breakdown assistance
Our breakdown cover is backed by RAC, so you can be confident that the experts are only a phone call away.
With our breakdown cover, we take your personal circumstances into account and only charge you for the cover you need – no flat rates.
What’s more if you are an existing customer you save 20% when you buy a new breakdown policy with us too.*
We offer three levels of cover;
Vehicle based cover
This is our standard cover and provides breakdown cover for one specified vehicle, regardless of who is driving when the incident occurs. It can be bought as a stand alone product or it can be added to an existing Aviva car insurance policy.
This extends our cover further to include you rather than any specific vehicle, and provides breakdown assistance for you in any car, whether you are the driver or the passenger in another vehicle (non-commercial vehicles only, excluding certain vehicle types).
Joint personal cover
This extends cover for you and your partner, or another named member of your household in any car, whether you or they are driving or a passenger in another vehicle (non-commercial vehicles only, excluding certain vehicle types).
Why not share this with friends and family
Terms and conditions
Aviva breakdown cover does not cover:
- Any breakdown that occurs during the first 24 hours after joining, reinstating or upgrading cover (including adding any extra person under Joint cover) – except the Rescue service which is available immediately.
- Vehicles that were broken down or unroadworthy at the time of joining, upgrading or reinstating cover, unless we agree to provide service and an appropriate charge is made.
- Vehicles which have broken down as a result of taking part in a motor sport event which takes place off the road and/or is not subject to the normal rules of the road.
- The transportation of any vehicle that we suspect is loaded over its legal limit.
- The cost of draining or removing contaminated fuel (we will arrange for your vehicle to be taken to a local garage for assistance, but you will have to pay for any work carried out).
- Any costs incurred as a result of you failing to carry a serviceable spare tyre and wheel appropriate to your vehicle, caravan or trailer. Note: motorised vehicles that are manufactured without the provision of a spare wheel will be considered on their individual merits.
- Assistance in changing a wheel is only covered within your breakdown entitlement if you are carrying a serviceable spare as specified above.
- The cost of a locksmith, body glass or tyre specialist. We will try to arrange these services if needed but you will have to pay for them.
- The costs of ferry crossings, unless otherwise specified
Share this article
Is US car insurance card sufficient to drive in Canada or a "yellow card" needed? | Yahoo Answers
Is there any official word/regulation about this?
Most of my Allstate agents do not seem to know about this requirement of Yellow card while driving car into Canada... also known as Non-residence inter-province motor vehicle liability insurance card.
Well. Yellow card is old system and no longer needed as per Allstate corporate office... if anyone thinks it is needed pls search and give current official website/link for that requirement.